Century Lithium is committed to promoting the health and safety of our workforce and local communities, abide to the highest corporate governance standards, build, and maintain respectful relationships with our communities, while acknowledging the importance of environmental protection. Therefore, sustainability is at the core of our mission statement: to produce a lithium product safely, sustainably and profitably for clean energy use and for the benefit of our investors, employees, communities and the environment.
Environmental, Social and Governance
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) are the three principal pillars of our corporate strategy which we believe provide the foundation for a sustainable lithium extraction operation: Safety, Environmental Accountability and Community Engagement and Development.
Century Lithium is committed to continuous improvement of our ESG performance across our business, employees, and local communities and to transparent disclosure in this regard.
Our Board of Directors provides oversight of the Company’s operations to ensure compliance, best business practices, and transparency in all that we do. To this end, we are committed to ensure the interests of the Company and its many stakeholders are aligned to develop a sustainable resource company that benefit the communities we operate in.
- We are committed to operating our projects in an environmentally responsible manner for present and future generations.
- We are committed to being responsible custodians of our environment as we grow our business to support a vital pathway in the world’s transition to clean energy.
- We strive to continuously minimize the environmental impact of all our activities.
- We endeavor to minimize our environmental impact through reduction of our carbon footprint.
- We aim to balance our activities with a firm commitment to green energy initiatives including solar, geothermal and wind energy sources.
- We are committed to effective and efficient water resource management.
- Wherever we operate, we are committed to respecting local values and principles. We believe our operations will be a positive force for social and economic development and beneficial to our communities.
- We value the ideas and aspirations of the communities we operate in.
- Fostering our social licence is vital to the success of our businesses and the success of the local communities we work in.
- We aim to conduct our business activities responsibly and earn respect in all the communities we operate in.
- We are dedicated to the creation of long-term employment opportunities.
- We are committed to local public services improvements.
- We believe in supporting community enhancement initiatives.